Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen
Strangers Dining Table
Strangers met at a dining table
My heart's table.
The eldest was turbaned
The second ascetic
The third erotic
The fourth a drunkard
The fifth omniscient
The sixth comic
The seventh a magician.
Instead of a joyful talk
On the affairs of birds, women and the life after death
The whole lot exchanged insults and calling names.
Then one of them proposed firing …
I was about to die!
I was the eighth … the dumb!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Strangers Dining Table by Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sibling Oath, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...
- Godwin's Farm, Naveed Khalid
- The Neighbor Prayer, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Diplomacy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Comet, Naveed Khalid
- Jumbled Sewing Basket, Green And White W.., mary douglas
- Hospitality (Section 9 of Thirukural), rajendran muthiah
- Crushed, Gergana Teofilova
- Not a big deal, Pradip Chattopadhyay