Take Me Back
If I could invent a Time Machine,
I know where it would rest,
Back into the Seventies,
Where music was at it's best.
The Sweet were having a Ballroom Blitz,
While we were having fun,
The Thin Lizzy Boys were back in town,
While Wings were a Band On The Run,
We had Melanie riding her pushbike,
With Suzy to Divil Gate Drive,
Lionel Richie dropped by to say Hello,
And the Bee Gees were Stayin Alive.
T.Rex were riding their White Swans,
Crazy Horses were everywhere!
Miss Piggy sat with Kermit,
Halfway down the stairs.
Jasper Carot rode his moped,
The Quo boys were Going Down,
Elton sang of his Yellow Brick Road,
While we cried the Tears Of A Clown.
I really have to go now,
And leave you in the past,
But my love for the Seventies music,
Will well and truly last.
Jayne Davies's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Take Me Back by Jayne Davies )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- (Rock ballad) Hold on and letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Road Kill, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Plum Pudding Much Needed, Vera Sidhwa
- The River, bryan wallace
- Strides, Vera Sidhwa
- The Snowdrop, bryan wallace
- Overload, bryan wallace
- Down with poverty, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Conversations With A Friend, Richard Allen Beevor
- A Ten Minutes of Prayer, Reagan A. Latumbo