Thank You New Bike
The couple that was driving the car was not paying attention,
And the next sound that I heard was a horn and the brakes squealing.
School was out and we were on summer break,
I was on my way down to my friend’s house to play video games.
I just got a brand new mountain bike,
And the bike rode as smooth as a vehicle on a freshly paved road.
I was only like from home to first in baseball from my friend’s driveway,
I looked behind me to see if there were any vehicles.
By the time I looked back my handlebars moved with my head,
The next thing that I remember was me lying on the ground.
The vehicle was traveling at a speed of sixty five mile per hour,
And it sent me on the top of the hood like a catapult.
The car came finally came to a stop,
And I rolled off of the car like a skittle rolling off of a counter.
My friend’s father was outside and saw it all happen,
He said it looked as if I was getting shot out of cannon.
He went inside to call 911,
And he and his wife both rushed out to me to see if I was ok.
I looked over my body to see if it was still intact,
And I looked down at my feet and it looked as if a dog has been chewing on them.
My family arrived at the scene,
The ambulance drove me to the hospital like an airplane.
I was told that my toes were shattered,
And that I had a very serious concussion in my head.
The doctors were very surprised,
They could not believe that I survived such a terrible accident that I should have died.
I count my blessing each and every day,
Because I know that God had a plan for me and it was not my time to go.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thank You New Bike by Kyle Balliet )
- Memories, anthony john cerrito, sr.
- The Sea, Somasekar Sivaprakash
- Gods Revenge, Tango Tango
- 'Valerie', Katherine Nordhaus
- 'Charlie Girl', Katherine Nordhaus
- Madrigal Dedicated To An Angel., Marcondes Pereira
- Halloween, lee fones
- Canned thoughts, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Aunt Giovanna, at 80, Gary Corseri
- For To be An Indian English Poet, You St.., Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Ithaca, Constantine P. Cavafy
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Francis Duggan