Thank You New Bike
The couple that was driving the car was not paying attention,
And the next sound that I heard was a horn and the brakes squealing.
School was out and we were on summer break,
I was on my way down to my friend’s house to play video games.
I just got a brand new mountain bike,
And the bike rode as smooth as a vehicle on a freshly paved road.
I was only like from home to first in baseball from my friend’s driveway,
I looked behind me to see if there were any vehicles.
By the time I looked back my handlebars moved with my head,
The next thing that I remember was me lying on the ground.
The vehicle was traveling at a speed of sixty five mile per hour,
And it sent me on the top of the hood like a catapult.
The car came finally came to a stop,
And I rolled off of the car like a skittle rolling off of a counter.
My friend’s father was outside and saw it all happen,
He said it looked as if I was getting shot out of cannon.
He went inside to call 911,
And he and his wife both rushed out to me to see if I was ok.
I looked over my body to see if it was still intact,
And I looked down at my feet and it looked as if a dog has been chewing on them.
My family arrived at the scene,
The ambulance drove me to the hospital like an airplane.
I was told that my toes were shattered,
And that I had a very serious concussion in my head.
The doctors were very surprised,
They could not believe that I survived such a terrible accident that I should have died.
I count my blessing each and every day,
Because I know that God had a plan for me and it was not my time to go.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thank You New Bike by Kyle Balliet )
- How Deep Is Your Love Towards Me?, Edward Kofi Louis
- Muse, love, joy!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Shibah, Edward Kofi Louis
- Leaves, Clive Blake
- From The Summit, Edward Kofi Louis
- Love And Unity, Edward Kofi Louis
- Trick or Treat, David Lewis Paget
- My childhood, qin xing
- Really Cancerous, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Prestiage, Vishal Sharma
Poem of the Day
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- fitration bags, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Carpe Diem, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(9 April 1821 – 31 August 1867)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)