The Butterfly Effect
Such vivid paintings splattered by such broken hands
Paint a positive butterfly around a aroma of leeching plants
The butterfly swarms itself away
Twist & turns out of the moons ray
It just slips from the grasp of its gut churning past
It flies to the sky, breathes every flap as its last
It craves its signature around the trunks of every tree
Leaves its mark upon every pedal for the world to see.
As it reaches the height, where it thinks it cannot fall.
The seemly frail clock, catches the happy butterfly, and takes it all.
Reaps it's body, and dumps it in the ocean
It twist & turns drowning in your sin.
It flows there, breathing in your poison
The butterfly dies, on your lies, lie down in your perfect sky, while the rest weep for a why?
Freddy Ibarra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Butterfly Effect by Freddy Ibarra )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- this is becoming a line at red box, Mandolyn Davidson
- it's SPF 50 or i'm hitting the caves, Mandolyn Davidson
- We Are, j.r ...
- if i had been a cactus, you still would .., Mandolyn Davidson
- retrospect, Mandolyn Davidson
- Mothra Rules, Kevin Patrick
- A Tidal Wave, MINA BOULEKOU
- gameshow guest, lee fones
- The Poor Rich, Samantha Pearson
- A Critique, Sandra Feldman