The Character of Life
Living is Not Life without God
Religion is not Righteousness without God
Wealth is not Prosperity without God
A Dwelling is not a Home without God.
Ask God, in daily conversation
To actually show you things as they are
And not what others speak for you to believe
Which you know you're not a part.
Are they speaking genuinely
To promote kindness, love and concern
Or planting hindering spirits
Something to make the pure heart burn.
Some hide behind constructive criticism
But yet its mental anguish affirmed.
If it jealousy, gossip and confusion
Eventually they will get it back in return.
For it is the spirit within the words
That defines the character of one's self
And is the foundation of one being laid
In the heart of those whom seek for help.
Is your Life really living?
Is your Righteousness really a part of your religion?
Is your Prosperity the wisdom of your wealth?
Is your Home really a place to dwell?
Cecelia Weir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Character of Life by Cecelia Weir )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Smell the Flowers, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Low Performances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trivial Pursuits, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- "These doodles help me...", Jeff Gangwer
- "In a manner of speaking...", Jeff Gangwer
- "Can I just...? ", Jeff Gangwer
- SLEEPING NIGHT, Egbe Chris
- Doorways / Points of Access, Jeff Gangwer
- "...on the hook", Jeff Gangwer
- Pioneers and Parade Floats, Jeff Gangwer