The Character of Life
Living is Not Life without God
Religion is not Righteousness without God
Wealth is not Prosperity without God
A Dwelling is not a Home without God.
Ask God, in daily conversation
To actually show you things as they are
And not what others speak for you to believe
Which you know you're not a part.
Are they speaking genuinely
To promote kindness, love and concern
Or planting hindering spirits
Something to make the pure heart burn.
Some hide behind constructive criticism
But yet its mental anguish affirmed.
If it jealousy, gossip and confusion
Eventually they will get it back in return.
For it is the spirit within the words
That defines the character of one's self
And is the foundation of one being laid
In the heart of those whom seek for help.
Is your Life really living?
Is your Righteousness really a part of your religion?
Is your Prosperity the wisdom of your wealth?
Is your Home really a place to dwell?
Cecelia Weir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Character of Life by Cecelia Weir )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- What Catfish Is For - Meditation In Caro.., Warren Falcon
- Forgotten Waltz No.2 (After Liszt), mary douglas
- Freedom, Please, Sandra Feldman
- Billy The Kid In A Sky Blue Kerchief, mary douglas
- SERVANTHOOD, MYK NWACHUKWU
- A Thousand Words, Nelson Yang
- *VI*- To Love, Leslie Guylee Cron
- This Prismatic Day, mary douglas
- Take My Last Sapphire Wish To Use On, mary douglas
- Savory Deal, Mike Acker