I am stumbling and falling,
Every step I take is wrong.
I just have to follow your calling,
But I can’t see beyond the Fog.
I’m tired and exhausted,
I’ve reached my strength’s end.
I trudge on with a feeble spirit,
But I don’t know where the road bends.
You call out my name once,
My heart beat stops.
But the fog’s so dense,
I just stumble and flop.
“Get up! ”, you urge me,
But hot tears have blurred my eyes.
Beyond the Fog I can’t see,
The path I cant surmise.
I’m cold and wet inside,
I long for your warmth.
I put on a brave front outside,
And try to subdue my wrath.
Please just come soon.
Blinded by my tears,
I can’t see the moon,
Blocked by the spectrum of fears.
I bury my head in my arms,
And shut my eyes tightly.
Then I feel something warm,
Cuddled by my side lightly.
I hug you with all my might,
I’m afraid you are just an illusion.
No, I wont let you go,
Even if you are my delusion.
“I’m right here.”, you whisper to me,
Suddenly the Fog is not so bad.
`Cause one thing that I wanted to see,
I can see it clearly.
Then we walk hand in hand,
Beyond the Fog and past.
To our wonderful dreamland,
So beautiful and vast…
aishwarya sahi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Fog by aishwarya sahi )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Humanity in person, hasmukh amathalal
- Perfect Union, Anu Shraddha
- Dafur crisis, Lubinda Lubinda
- Boy vs girl, Mark Heathcote
- remplaçable, Lubinda Lubinda
- Human Nature, Merton Lee
- Those Moments Of Weakness لحظات الضعف هذه, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Money (Cedi), Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Off the Rez, Smoky Hoss
- As an emigrant كمهاجر, MOHAMMAD SKATI