The Me I Believe
I am a peace keeper,
Not a war maker.
I am a lover
And not a hater,
I am for animal and human rights,
Not for abuse or death.
That's so uncalled for.
I am for an eco-friendly planet,
I'm not an earth destroyer.
I am pro-life,
I believe in God
But don't believe in a church
of wood and stone.
I believe in same-sex marriage,
But not divorce.
I believe in religious freedom
But not freedom from religion.
I believe in belief,
I believe in me,
but not in my abilities.
I believe to believe
For I am me,
A believer of all the world's things.
Chris Cariad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Me I Believe by Chris Cariad )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)