The sun comes by day,
and the moon comes by night,
but both are such a spectaculair sight,
I could just grasp the sun in the palm of my hand,
like a hot, fiery ball of sand,
and the moon would be a snowball so cold and so light,
it was no wonder it came out at night.
The sun and the moon both give light,
but just a bright one by day,
and dimmer at night.
The never ending sky should also be praised,
its white clouds moving like a never ending maze.
So just remember as you go out at night,
both the moon and sun are a beautiful sight,
and since the moon wont stay when its light,
the sun comes by its beautiful day, moon by never ending night.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Moon by jamika Eichelberger )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Fair praises, hasmukh amathalal
- On MY Way To The Mailbox, Kyle Schlicher
- Belinda, Juan Olivarez
- My Life Will Go On, Kyle Schlicher
- Amaano (Somali), sallam yassin
- Haiku: Another Physics Haiku, Brian Johnston
- Windermere, Paul Gerard Reed
- Vijay Vishal As An Indian English Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey
- American Bureaucracy, Darwin Henry Beuning
- An Old Man's Review.., richard harris