The purest thing in all creation
Somehow there's no more darkness left at all.
I've soaked up sunlight through a thousand wounds,
and now this whiteness that I cloak you in
you won't find even in the Alps: this wind
whirls also there on high and stains the snow.
Even white roses bear a hint of dust.
The ultimate miracle is in ourselves:
these white expanses genuinely aglow
against the universe. The purest thing
in all creation then is not the twilight,
nor the sky when it's reflected off the river,
nor the sun on the apple blossoms. It is love.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The purest thing in all creation by Nikephoros Vrettakos )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Golden Dreams, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Wind shall blow, hasmukh amathalal
- Turn to flower, hasmukh amathalal
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! * - Chapter3 (.., Brian Johnston
- Mind Over Matter, david kush
- Don't do anything in a bigger way than t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Let poetry excel, hasmukh amathalal
- Mama's Black Breast, Ozioma Anieto
- Big bee, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- She, Anil Karki