the sun to me i a flower, a flower with flames for petals.
the sun to me is a moon on fire.
the sun is like a star, but brighter than all the others.
the sun is like a sugar cube, sweet on all sides.
the sun is like a cake made for a loved one,
and made with all the love in the world.
the sun is like my mom, my favorite star of all! ! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (the sun by james bowling )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(14 October 1888 – 9 January 1923)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(23 January 1861 - 2 Apirl 1931)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Tribute To The Pet Shop Boys, Michael P. McParland
- Tribute To Freddie Mercury, Michael P. McParland
- Hail! The Coming Year, Anthony Di'anno
- Treat, Michael P. McParland
- Touched, Michael P. McParland
- Generation Kill, Talile Ali
- Santa's answer, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Too The One I Love, Michael P. McParland
- Tonight And Every Night, Michael P. McParland
- Taking advise, george albot