themes should be universal they say.
to talk of the cruellest month.
cities, monuments, flowers.
a painting of a boy falling out of
the sky, hung in a belgian gallery
or epic sung by a blind bard.
bad poets being fortunate, no muse to be invoked.
poems sprout, wild weeds in walled garden.
broken heart tears betrayal
pain shame fear despair bewilderment.
these themes can be arranged according to size
shape and colour in the bowl of the day.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Themes by soo lee )
- I Lie To Myself, Asma Riaz Khan
- REED NOTES (The Flute Player), Vinaya Joseph
- Madness, Amy Welch
- And Yet You Just Watch, Asma Riaz Khan
- _I've shot the poet, Yor Nella
- Death valley, sultan mahmud
- Under Wearmouth Bridge, Paul Gerard Reed
- Without Wanting..., Asma Riaz Khan
- Of Albert's Prayer, Adeosun Olamide
- Opera, Naveed Khalid