Through His Presence
They say God is the answer.
God is the way.
Well if that's true
then where is He today?
I've called and called
but nobody ever showed or answered.
Why has He left me stranded here in this desert
without lifting me up
or showing the way?
I cried and cried
but He never came.
I learned to push through
and walk on my own two feet.
Till one day,
a voice of greatness came through,
saying to me,
you did me good.
You went through the fire
when nobody would.
You are my child
and forever I'll be
It's not always easy to see,
the hand that holds you,
carrying you through
the fire that burns you.
Chris Cariad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Through His Presence by Chris Cariad )
- Await for your return, Fluorescent Reality
- Serenade To Love, David Harris
- MONSTER FORCE WARS, shannon strauss
- i write because i'm not very good at darts, Mandolyn ...
- Light, Neela Nath
- Inbetweeness-painful midlife blues, Nalini Chaturvedi
- In that april shadow, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- my thumbs were once pro twiddlers, Mandolyn ...
- Remembering Love, Ron Baratono
- Narcissus, Naveed Khalid