Love in my heart was a fresh tide flowing
Where the starlike sea gulls soar;
The sun was keen and the foam was blowing
High on the rocky shore.
But now in the dusk the tide is turning,
Lower the sea gulls soar,
And the waves that rose in resistless yearning
Are broken forevermore.
Sara Teasdale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tides by Sara Teasdale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- BECAUSE OF JESUS, Tom Zart
- Napoleon Hill, Aparna Chatterjee
- Feast day, Amitie Abedi
- An English Poet & His Villa Named Poet's.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Manage, Juliet Languedoc
- The Stone Circle, Jacqueline Nash
- Youth, Lisa Blossomdale
- Sounds Of My Beating Heart, Lisa Blossomdale
- Words, Meaningful Empty Words, Lisa Blossomdale
- Cruelty..., Hafeni Nghidinua