Under the Shadow
Over my head
I see it covers me.
It scares away the would be snares
It really takes care of me.
It walks swiftly by my side
Holding onto my hand.
It gives me faith and confidence
I'm beginning to understand.
Right beneath my footsteps
I watch it extend my territory.
I see it walking beside me
I'm starting to know my story.
At first my heart felt its fears
Then the shadow spoke to me.
I'm not here to cause you pain and tears
I'm just here for company.
I'm here so you won't be alone
I know you misunderstand.
But you don't have to worry
I'll see you get home again.
Much larger than I am
It hovers over me.
But now I realize more each day
My shadow is for others to see.
Cecelia Weir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Under the Shadow by Cecelia Weir )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Just Like A Red Rose Appeared She The Fo.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Birth is not in its hand., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- After Meeting A Foreigner Girl, Bijay Kant Dubey
- At Last A Rose, Electric Lady
- Needs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Buffaloman Too A Chief Minister In B.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Purpose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sitting In The Time's House, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Was Nearly Canonized Recently, Monk E. Biz
- Burquawalli, May I Ask, Why Is Saudi Ara.., Bijay Kant Dubey