You said you'd love me forever...
But forever is just too long.
You said that you'd always be there...
But obviously you were wrong.
A part of me is lost....
In your sweetest despair.
A new path is born while another in torn...
As you drift away in the night air.
You meant the world to me...
But as a fool I believed your lies.
And every silent night I lay awake...
Thinking of how pathetic I was to cry.
Your face is a wallpaper in my head...
And when I close my eyes I see only you.
We have been apart for several months now...
But I can't help these feelings so true.
As you listen to our song play tonight...
Look into the sky at the moon...
Becasue I am awaiting this unsinkable ship...
And our song echos like a Heavenly tune.
Erin Grantham's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unstoppable Love by Erin Grantham )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Preface To A Twenty Volume Suicide Note, Imamu Amiri Baraka
- Out, Out, Robert Frost
- Barter, Sara Teasdale
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Changing Everything, Jane Hirshfield
- If Thou Of Fortune Be Bereft, John Greenleaf Whittier
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
Poem of the Day
- I Change, Rimni chakravarty
- Life Be Too Short For 'o Ruing..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Bless You Always, Michael P. McParland
- ' The Misunderstanding Of Poetry..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Earth's work of heart, Roann Mendriq
- Poem for Gushungo, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- A Cheaper Way To Fly, Darren Hobson
- Dear Lonely Animal,, Oni Buchanan
- And The World, Darren Hobson
- Heaven Must Be A Lonely Place, Derek Brendish