You said you'd love me forever...
But forever is just too long.
You said that you'd always be there...
But obviously you were wrong.
A part of me is lost....
In your sweetest despair.
A new path is born while another in torn...
As you drift away in the night air.
You meant the world to me...
But as a fool I believed your lies.
And every silent night I lay awake...
Thinking of how pathetic I was to cry.
Your face is a wallpaper in my head...
And when I close my eyes I see only you.
We have been apart for several months now...
But I can't help these feelings so true.
As you listen to our song play tonight...
Look into the sky at the moon...
Becasue I am awaiting this unsinkable ship...
And our song echos like a Heavenly tune.
Erin Grantham's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unstoppable Love by Erin Grantham )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale