(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
Many have been wounded on the
battlefield of life. Wounded, in
their homes, streets and back
alleys of social interaction.
In the battle to survive, are there
more formidable enemies, than
grief, loneliness, illness, poverty,
and lost love?
So many, although seemingly
defeated, by an army of foes,
to opposition of life and living,
they fight...go on.
Countless millions, are wounded by
emotional bullets...lethal grenades
of death, taking a loved one... and the
machine gun fire, of cancer and
other devastating diseases.
Yet, with a courage that can not be
measured, these unsung heroes
Let there be a Congressional Medal
Of Honor, for life, for those unsung
heroes and their unyielding courage. Let
them know, in their time of need,
we shall provide them with, they emotional
medicine and care they require.
Love, compassion and understanding.
The next time, the word 'hero' is spoken,
look around, for on the battlefield of
life, there are millions, 'of unsung hero's.'
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unsung Hero's by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- THEIR PAINS AND THEIR SUFFERINGS ARE MINE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- THEIR PAINS AND THEIR SUFFERINGS ARE MIN.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- गोरबोआव, Ronjoy Brahma
- The carriage third, the place is second…, Xena von Davydoff
- थाखोमा थाखोमा, Ronjoy Brahma
- From A Husband To A Wife, Toshie Nohara
- Fountain Of Youth, david kush
- Hope of boat, gajanan mishra
- Saturated Yet Split And Kept Divided, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- My Secret Love, Jesus James Llorico