What's My Name Again
Heads a mess, can't think straight,
mental status is up for debate.
Constant state of delusion,
eyes only see optical illusion.
Inner voices cloud the mind,
can't deal with the daily grind.
Popping pills helps to think,
otherwise would be driven to drink.
Pills in the morning, pills in the night,
without warning, could start a fight.
One minute Jekyll, one minute Hyde,
split personality standing side by side.
Sometimes country, sometimes rock,
sometimes pussy, sometimes cock.
Sometimes naughty, sometimes nice,
sometimes fire, sometimes ice.
Pills must not be working,
more personalities are slowly lurking.
Every day is something new,
remembering the days of just a few.
Not alone in this padded cell,
its very obvious I'm not well.
Sometimes Mike, sometimes Dave,
both of them to young to shave.
Sometimes John, sometimes Frank,
together their plotting to rob a bank.
Sometimes Mary, sometimes Beth,
Sam shoots heroin, Amy smokes meth.
What's my name again?
Maybe Gary, maybe Glen,
can't remember way back when.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What's My Name Again by allen wilbert )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Its not my fault, abigail sikwenda
- The Glorious Leader, Chris Zachariou
- Karma says Patience, abigail sikwenda
- Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Now, D.L. Aceves
- *Jacaranda Bloom, C. P. Sharma
- We are free, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Parasite, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- clueless life..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- An anonymous smile, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta