Who Am I
Who am I? But a man?
Or something greater?
Who am I? But a villain?
Right now or later?
Who am I? But a person?
Troubled by thinking?
Who am I? But a loner?
Searching and seeking?
Who am I? But a warrior?
Fighting hard in this world?
Who am I? But a lover?
Deep in love with a girl?
Who am I? But a child?
Lost deep in his pain?
Who am I? But a victim?
And God be my cane?
Who am I? But a slave?
For my faults and my shame?
Who am I? But a beast?
Which I struggle to tame?
Who am I? But a prayer?
And emotions be my key?
Who am I? But a hoper?
Hoping me God can see?
Who am I? But a wisher!
Wishing good upon me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who Am I by Octavious Harper )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Henry David Thoreau
(12 July 1817 – 6 May 1862)
Poem of the Day
- Not necessarily, hasmukh amathalal
- I embrace my pen, gajanan mishra
- Loveless Love, Paul Hartal
- But vicinty, hasmukh amathalal
- Past Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Still Small Voice, Leong Ming Loong
- Gap and divide, hasmukh amathalal
- Love Is Hard, Is It Poetry
- Mulugkhw..., Swrji Basumatary
- Being Entertained By Nature, RoseAnn V. Shawiak