Who Am I
Who am I? But a man?
Or something greater?
Who am I? But a villain?
Right now or later?
Who am I? But a person?
Troubled by thinking?
Who am I? But a loner?
Searching and seeking?
Who am I? But a warrior?
Fighting hard in this world?
Who am I? But a lover?
Deep in love with a girl?
Who am I? But a child?
Lost deep in his pain?
Who am I? But a victim?
And God be my cane?
Who am I? But a slave?
For my faults and my shame?
Who am I? But a beast?
Which I struggle to tame?
Who am I? But a prayer?
And emotions be my key?
Who am I? But a hoper?
Hoping me God can see?
Who am I? But a wisher!
Wishing good upon me.
Octavious Harper's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who Am I by Octavious Harper )
- Festival Of Light, Amitava Sur
- YouTube and Phalloplasty, Jeff Gangwer
- Journey, Dave Cadaqu
- Brad Pitt / Brad Dourif, Jeff Gangwer
- History / Your Dust, Jeff Gangwer
- "...through your rape whistle", Jeff Gangwer
- "Angels are...", Jeff Gangwer
- Your Ghost Doesn't Haunt This Room, Jeff Gangwer
- She Wore Poison on Her Neck, Jeff Gangwer
- Yes or No?, Jeff Gangwer
Poem of the Day
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Primitive, Sharon Olds
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)