Who changed the songs that the birds sing
Who changed the song that the choir sings.
Who changed the message prophets bring
Who changed the message that only God reigns.
Who changed the life from our eternal goal
Who changed the process from humble to bold.
Who changed everything from low into high gear
Who changed love from being sincere.
Who changed life's skies from being so clear
Who changed loved ones from being so dear.
Who changed the lamps from bright to dim
Who changed chances from fat to slim.
Who changed standing steadfast to slipping away
Who changed morals to live by steady decay.
Who changed destiny doubting that dues are paid
Who changed the foundation our ancestors laid.
Who changed life from peace to fear
Who changed the smile into a forced sneer.
Who changed the handshake into a simple grudge
Who changed the neighbor to someone to nudge.
Who changed the child to believe its an adult
Who chnaged the adult to allow life to run amok.
Who changed the prayer into a complaint
Who changed church as a sign of being faint.
Who changed the way the world goes around
Who changed things to weak that once was so sound.
Who changed the harmony of mind, soul and spirit
Who changed the way we now see and hear it.
Cecelia Weir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who Changed by Cecelia Weir )
- LIFE IS CLOUDY, BUT THERE WILL BE NO RAINS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Qytetit tim, skender iljaz braka
- While my eyes delight at you, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Celestial String of Pearls, Harley White
- Feeling, Anne Rub.
- Lost amid his Laughter, Aftab Alam
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- COPLA 93 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Fake Love, Anne Rub.
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI