Whom am I?
Whom are you?
Are you sure your you?
Are you sure your yourself and not somebody fake?
Will you be the true person you truly are?
Or some fake person from afar?
Why try to be something your not?
Because when someone finds out you’ll be caught.
Fake people tell lies to peoples faces about whom they are.
But really the only person they’re lying to is themselves from afar.
Whom are you? That’s a good question.
Easily not often answered.
If someone asked you what type of personality do you have,
are you prepared to say the truth?
Whom are you? That Is a real underestimated question,
which requires a powerful answer.
All you have to do is answer the question.
You say your ready and prepared to answer,
but yet when I ask you choose to studder.
Studder why? That question is self implied.
Really it’s sad how many people are phonies.
And that there many who live lives of lies.
But then again, it’s just the world we live in.
For what I write at the end of this poem is a finishing noted question.
For the next time you either hear or read my poem:
“DO YOU KNOW WHOM YOU ARE.”
Attalia Gooden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Whom am I? by Attalia Gooden )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edward Kofi Louis
(13th October 1961)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Tiger, William Blake
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- "Why do I love" You, Sir?, Emily Dickinson
- A Moments Indulgence, Rabindranath Tagore
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- They die before you do., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Witch Romance, Alexander Onoja
- The safe ground, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Old age gripping, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Your Warmth 2, Michael P. McParland
- The Zulu King, Margaret Alice Second
- I Love Life, Alfred Oyori
- Silence, ashi singh
- Tales Of A Wife: Gillie, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- My Conscience Leads Me On, Tony Adah