Winter time is here once more,
The Days Shine shorter,
Winter Nights grow longer.
Clouds of Rain, clouds of Snow
Hide the blue Sky above
And Shine Grey on the Day.
Cold winds Glide through the Day,
Many shiver others tremble,
The winds Howl through Night,
Like Wolves on a Full Moon.
Clear nights show,
The darkness of Space.
Stars Twinkle through the Night
Oh what a wounderful sight.
The last Winter night,
Whitness of a Magical Sight,
The Dawn of Spring,
Flowers Bloom, a farewell
To the cold Winter season.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Winter Nights by jorge rojas )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Ballade [The goat scratches so much it c.., François Villon
- Love Note 6, Michael P. McParland
- Sending Words about Overnight in Fishing.., Luo Zhihai
- Give me 'all of you', Juwon Daniel
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- She Wanted, Spiritwind Wood
- When love was born, Lehlohonolo Selai