Winter time is here once more,
The Days Shine shorter,
Winter Nights grow longer.
Clouds of Rain, clouds of Snow
Hide the blue Sky above
And Shine Grey on the Day.
Cold winds Glide through the Day,
Many shiver others tremble,
The winds Howl through Night,
Like Wolves on a Full Moon.
Clear nights show,
The darkness of Space.
Stars Twinkle through the Night
Oh what a wounderful sight.
The last Winter night,
Whitness of a Magical Sight,
The Dawn of Spring,
Flowers Bloom, a farewell
To the cold Winter season.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Winter Nights by jorge rojas )
- Silent Sentinel, Von Kimball Barney
- Inspired By Some Lines of Psalm 119, Dr John Celes
- Fast Sunday, Von Kimball Barney
- Twinkle Twinle little star - 1, ramesh rai
- आं खोनायाखै, Ronjoy Brahma
- आं बावबाय, Ronjoy Brahma
- COPLA 112 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Birch and Bracken, jim hogg
- History Echoed As A Verse, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Aku dan Februari, Afit Riawan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Television, Roald Dahl
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Richard Cory, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)