Wishes on Butterfly Wings
They flew side by side, wingtip to wingtip,
In circles around the roses at the foot of my patio
As the rain and thunder clouds stormed horrendously above...
In a show of affection, they were still wingtip to wingtip,
Dancing aimlessly in beautiful circles round the dying roses,
The same roses that lay at the foot of the patio by love...
Love that had been tendered through my hands,
Love that my hands wished could be loved
By the same love that have made butterflies to dance round my roses...
But as the thunder roared louder, their affection were tested,
Could love really stand the torments of ever growing thunder clouds?
Or would reality step in and destroy bounds created in dreams..?
Alas the butterflies were separated; life has seen another death,
Death has taken another life; with it lays a love to match a storm,
A storm to match the seeds of a love that seemed endless...
As the lonely butterfly started to fly aimlessly around,
The roses that lay at the foot of my patio began to live again,
In loving memory of the love that flew above them through a storm...
As I stretched my arms to reach the lifeless butterfly,
That lay by the roses that began to live again,
She flew into my hands to seek love in a lifeless body, a love to transcend death...
And in that moment I made a wish, a wish to find love,
The same love that made roses to live again, love to transcend death...
As the lonely butterfly flew away, to come back with a love for me and my roses,
I began to dream that I one day can dance through a storm
Hand in hand, wingtip to wingtip...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wishes on Butterfly Wings by Farhan Jackson )
- The land of the stars is the land of Sta.., Raymond Sawyer
- enjoy the silence.... in my fart, Jena Crowe
- Over-Ride, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Song, Blessing Ekpe
- Everyone Asks, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Sooner or later عاجلا ام اجلا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Fools Game, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Dragons Of The Night, David Harris
- Spread Some Love, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- True Romance, Electric Lady
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1927)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)