Is this where my mind was thrown into the abyss?
Haunted so young touched by deaths kiss.
Made to feel so guilty and cheap.
Like nothing more than a toy to keep.
Shown the door of such horrors galore,
to ruin my life through extreme mental strife.
Defiled and admonished till I no longer felt conscious,
of true human desire that gives us lifes fire.
I once was so young but quickly turned old.
As the cold devils hand reached forth and took ahold.
I cannot tell thee how much I do need,
to express my love and desire like a true human being.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Young by Michael McParland )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Let the Lines Come, Shalom Freedman
- Lost In A Photograph, Kewayne Wadley
- Riff on Hope at the Dentiist, David McLansky
- tHiNgz B cLeAr er inside OpEn - LoST fRi.., sEaN nOrTh
- TO BE UNDERSTOOD SUBLIMITY, ROCHISH MON
- *In Sympathy Melt - for Jen Walls, C. P. Sharma
- Animal Kingdom, Denis Martindale
- *True is my Master*, C. P. Sharma
- sCenE LeFt RiGht tHeIr, sEaN nOrTh
- A Tingly Feeling, Alvin Jenner