Joy Poems - Poems For Joy
Poems about joy. You can read the best joy poems. Browse through all joy poems.
Joy And Sorrow Chapter Viii - Poem by Kahlil Gibran
Then a woman said, "Speak to us of Joy and Sorrow."
And he answered:
Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
And how else can it be?
The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.
Is not the cup that hold your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven?
And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with knives?
When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.
When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.
Some of you say, "Joy is greater than sorrow," and others say, "Nay, sorrow is the greater."
But I say unto you, they are inseparable.
Together they come, and when one sits alone with you at your board, remember that the other is asleep upon your bed.
Verily you are suspended like scales between your sorrow and your joy.
Only when you are empty are you at standstill and balanced.
When the treasure-keeper lifts you to weigh his gold and his silver, needs must your joy or your sorrow rise or fall.
Comments about Joy And Sorrow Chapter Viii by Kahlil Gibran
Poems About Joy
- 1. Joy And Sorrow Chapter Viii , Kahlil Gibran
- 2. Casey At The Bat , Ernest Lawrence Thayer
- 3. "How Great My Grief" (Triolet) , Thomas Hardy
- 4. Infant Joy , William Blake
- 5. Eternity , William Blake
- 6. Blank Joy , Rainer Maria Rilke
- 7. Meeting At Night , Robert Browning
- 8. Joy And Pleasure , William Henry Davies
- 9. Joy , Carl Sandburg
- 10. Silent, Silent Night , William Blake
- 11. The Ache Of Marriage , Denise Levertov
- 12. A Song Of Joys , Walt Whitman
- 13. From Blossoms , Li-Young Lee
- 14. 'Tis So Much Joy! , Emily Dickinson
- 15. The Best Friend , William Henry Davies
- 16. Joy , Robinson Jeffers
- 17. Hymn 101 , Isaac Watts
- 18. The Joy Of The Lord Is Your Strength , John Newton
- 19. Sadness And Joy , William Henry Davies
- 20. Happiness And Vision , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 21. There Is Pleasure In The Pathless Woods , George Gordon Byron
- 22. Joy, Shipmate, Joy! , Walt Whitman
- 23. The Delight Song Of Tsoai-Talee , Navarre Scott Momaday
- 24. The Gladness Of Nature , William Cullen Bryant
- 25. She Was A Phantom Of Delight , William Wordsworth
- 26. My Delight And Thy Delight , Robert Seymour Bridges
- 27. The Answer , Sara Teasdale
- 28. Let Dogs Delight To Bark And Bite , Isaac Watts
- 29. Girl-Gladness , Zora Bernice May Cross
- 30. Jesus All My Gladness , Johann Franck
- 31. Gitanjali , Rabindranath Tagore
- 32. *** And You Will Shed Tears Of Joy *** , ANJALI SINHA
- 33. Dejection: An Ode , Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 34. The Idiot Boy , William Wordsworth
- 35. My Mother Was Fortune, My Father Generos.. , Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- 36. Poems Of Joys , Walt Whitman
- 37. Rosalind And Helen: A Modern Eclogue , Percy Bysshe Shelley
- 38. Cleon , Robert Browning
- 39. Paradise Lost: Book X , John Milton
- 40. Hymn To Joy , Friedrich Schiller
- 41. * A Seed Within , Samanyan Lakshminarayanan
- 42. The Four Seasons : Summer , James Thomson
- 43. The Mystic Trumpeter , Walt Whitman
- 44. Emblems Of Love , Lascelles Abercrombie
- 45. "An Old Man Search For Joy" , Kelvin Broadwater
- 46. The Four Seasons : Autumn , James Thomson
- 47. Joy , Dozie Wogu
- 48. * A Joy! , Deva De Silva
- 49. Andromeda , Charles Kingsley
- 50. Quatrains Of Life , Wilfrid Scawen Blunt
New Joy Poems
- Qutation # 9, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- You Are Joy, Michael P. McParland
- The Stars Of Joy For Every Star There Is.., Raymond Sawyer
- Tell The World; It Is Joy!, Kelsey Gallant
- Joy Of Life., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Joy- Joy, Enjoy; Yeah,, Aftab Alam
- Water And Stars, Eva Tortora
- A Pang Called Love, Padma Prasad Devkota
- Joy, Sky Welch
- The Only Way I Find Peace, david barnett
- carpe diem