Lust Poems - Poems For Lust
Poems about lust. You can read the best lust poems. Browse through all lust poems.
To His Mistress Going To Bed - Poem by John Donne
Come, Madam, come, all rest my powers defy,
Until I labour, I in labour lie.
The foe oft-times having the foe in sight,
Is tired with standing though they never fight.
Off with that girdle, like heaven's zone glistering,
But a far fairer world encompassing.
Unpin that spangled breastplate which you wear,
That th' eyes of busy fools may be stopped there.
Unlace yourself, for that harmonious chime
Tells me from you, that now 'tis your bed time.
Off with that happy busk, which I envy,
That still can be, and still can stand so nigh.
Your gown going off, such beauteous state reveals,
As when from flowery meads th' hill's shadow steals.
Off with that wiry coronet and show
The hairy diadem which on you doth grow;
Now off with those shoes, and then safely tread
In this love's hallowed temple, this soft bed.
In such white robes heaven's angels used to be
Received by men; thou angel bring'st with thee
A heaven like Mahomet's paradise; and though
Ill spirits walk in white, we easily know
By this these angels from an evil sprite,
Those set our hairs, but these our flesh upright.
License my roving hands, and let them go
Before, behind, between, above, below.
O my America, my new found land,
My kingdom, safeliest when with one man manned,
My mine of precious stones, my empery,
How blessed am I in this discovering thee!
To enter in these bonds, is to be free;
Then where my hand is set, my seal shall be.
Full nakedness, all joys are due to thee
As souls unbodied, bodies unclothed must be,
To taste whole joys. Gems which you women use
Are like Atlanta's balls, cast in men's views,
That when a fool's eye lighteth on a gem,
His earthly soul may covet theirs, not them.
Like pictures, or like books' gay coverings made
For laymen, are all women thus arrayed;
Themselves are mystic books, which only we
Whom their imputed grace will dignify
Must see revealed. Then since I may know,
As liberally, as to a midwife, show
Thyself: cast all, yea, this white linen hence,
Here is no penance, much less innocence.
To teach thee, I am naked first, why then
What needst thou have more covering than a man.
Comments about To His Mistress Going To Bed by John Donne
Poems About Lust
- 1. To His Mistress Going To Bed , John Donne
- 2. No Platonic Love , William Cartwright
- 3. The Canterbury Tales; The Wyves Tale Of .. , Geoffrey Chaucer
- 4. To His Coy Mistress , Andrew Marvell
- 5. To The Virgins, Make Much Of Time , Robert Herrick
- 6. Let’s Live And Love: To Lesbia , Gaius Valerius Catullus
- 7. Carrefour , Amy Lowell
- 8. Leda And The Swan , William Butler Yeats
- 9. Libido , Rupert Brooke
- 10. The Passionate Shepherd To His Love , Christopher Marlowe
- 11. The Elephant Is Slow To Mate , David Herbert Lawrence
- 12. A Book Of Music , Jack Spicer
- 13. Sweet Disorder , Robert Herrick
- 14. Elegy V , Ovid
- 15. Aubade , William Shakespeare
- 16. When They Come Alive , Constantine P. Cavafy
- 17. Song , James Joyce
- 18. I Sing The Body Electric , Walt Whitman
- 19. Come Slowly—eden! , Emily Dickinson
- 20. Safe Sex , Donald Hall
- 21. Remember, Body... , Constantine P. Cavafy
- 22. Privilege Of Being , Robert Hass
- 23. A Greek Island , Edward Hirsch
- 24. Kinky , Denise Duhamel
- 25. Morning , Frank O'Hara
- 26. XIII , Cesar Vallejo
- 27. Arrival , William Carlos Williams
- 28. The Sun Rising , John Donne
- 29. Aubade , Amy Lowell
- 30. Blue , May Swenson
- 31. The Hug , Thom Gunn
- 32. Novel , Arthur Rimbaud
- 33. For Each Ecstatic Instant , Emily Dickinson
- 34. He Asked About The Quality , Constantine P. Cavafy
- 35. Sailing , Henrik Nordbrandt
- 36. The Knowing , Sharon Olds
- 37. Aubade: Some Peaches, After Storm , Carl Phillips
- 38. The Flea , John Donne
- 39. What Do Women Want? , Kim Addonizio
- 40. The Merchant's Tale , Geoffrey Chaucer
- 41. Upon Julia's Breasts , Robert Herrick
- 42. Signior Dildo , Lord John Wilmot
- 43. The Willing Mistress , Aphra Behn
- 44. The Fired Pot , Anna Wickham
- 45. Lust , Aparna Chatterjee
- 46. Lust, Lust, Lust , Sylvia Chidi
- 47. Lust... , Joy O'Pateng
- 48.  House Lizards , Ashraful Musaddeq
- 49. The Wanderlust , Robert William Service
- 50. Lets Dance To The Tune Of Lust , Freespirit Juneja
New Lust Poems
- The End Result, Edward Kofi Louis
- War Is Lust And Peace Is Love,, Aftab Alam
- Cloth, Sloth!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Lust Doesn'T Last, Mihaela Pirjol
- Sunsets And Roses...By Eva, Eva Tortora
- Personality Disorders, Edward Kofi Louis
- You Will Know Them By Their Fruits, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ancient Love Come Back To Us, DUROJAIYE ADEBOYE
- Blue, Blur!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Long Trips, Edward Kofi Louis
- carpe diem