Sun Poems - Poems For Sun
Poems about sun. You can read the best sun poems. Browse through all sun poems.
The Sun Rising - Poem by John Donne
Busy old fool, unruly Sun,
Why dost thou thus,
Through windows, and through curtains, call on
Must to thy motions lovers' seasons run?
Saucy pedantic wretch, go chide
Late schoolboys, and sour prentices,
Go tell court-huntsmen that the king will ride,
Call country ants to harvest offices,
Love, all alike, no season knows, nor clime,
Nor hours, days, months, which are the rags of
Thy beams, so reverend and strong
Why shouldst thou think?
I could eclipse and cloud them with a wink,
But that I would not lose her sight so long:
If her eyes have not blinded thine,
Look, and tomorrow late, tell me
Whether both the'Indias of spice and mine
Be where thou leftst them, or lie here with me.
Ask for those kings whom thou saw'st yesterday,
And thou shalt hear: 'All here in one bed lay.'
She'is all states, and all princes I,
Nothing else is.
Princes do but play us; compar'd to this,
All honour's mimic, all wealth alchemy.
Thou, sun, art half as happy'as we,
In that the world's contracted thus;
Thine age asks ease, and since thy duties be
To warm the world, that's done in warming us.
Shine here to us, and thou art everywhere;
This bed thy centre is, these walls, thy sphere.
Comments about The Sun Rising by John Donne
Poems About Sun
- 1. The Sun Rising , John Donne
- 2. Rest At Night , Emily Dickinson
- 3. Ah Sunflower , William Blake
- 4. Follow Thy Fair Sun , Thomas Campion
- 5. Light Breaks Where No Sun Shines , Dylan Thomas
- 6. Summer Sun , Robert Louis Stevenson
- 7. O Sun Of Real Peace , Walt Whitman
- 8. Sun And Flesh (Credo In Unam) , Arthur Rimbaud
- 9. Winter Sunrise , Robert Laurence Binyon
- 10. To The Sun , Clark Ashton Smith
- 11. Why, When Our Sun Shines Clearest , James Clerk Maxwell
- 12. A Gleam Of Sunshine , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 13. Where The Sun Rises And Where It Sets , Czeslaw Milosz
- 14. When The Sun's Behind The Hill , Clarence Michael James Stani ..
- 15. Two Sunsets , Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- 16. Thoughts Of The Sunlight , Anna Akhmatova
- 17. The Sun—just Touched The Morning , Emily Dickinson
- 18. Winter Sun , Molly Fisk
- 19. The Sun Travels , Robert Louis Stevenson
- 20. Thought For A Sunshiny Morning , Dorothy Parker
- 21. The Rising Of The Sun , Czeslaw Milosz
- 22. Fern Hill , Dylan Thomas
- 23. When I Have Seen The Sun Emerge , Emily Dickinson
New Sun Poems
- You Cannot Live Without The Hydrogen Bomb, Paul Hartal
- The Day The Sun Touch The Sky With Respe.., Raymond Sawyer
- The More The Sun Shine The More A Heart.., Raymond Sawyer
- The Sun That Touch A Heart With Respect, Raymond Sawyer
- The Day The Birds Sing For A Hear That W.., Raymond Sawyer
- Where There The Sun For One Feel The Tou.., Raymond Sawyer
- When I Saw The Sun Rising In The Sky, Nikhil Parekh
- For Every Min The Sun Shine For The Ange.., Raymond Sawyer
- For Every Min The Sun Shine For The Touc.., Raymond Sawyer
- The Sun That Touch Every Rose With Respe.., Raymond Sawyer
- carpe diem