Abdul Hameed Adam
Abdul Hameed Adam (Urdu: عبدالحمید عدم) (takhallus: Adam عدم) was a famous Urdu poet of his time. He was born on 10 April 1910 in Punjab, India (in the part of Punjab which is in Pakistan now). Most of the researchers think that he was born in Talwandi Musa Khan, District Gujranwala. However, in one of his own articles published in the "ghazal number" of the literary magazine Fanoon from Lahore, he writes that: since my father was living in Lyallpur (now Faisalabad) in April 1910, my arrival took place there (translation is KhamoshTamashais).
Early Life and Education
He first used the takhallus Akhtar (اختر), then switched to Adam. He was first educated at ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Phuulo.N Kii Aarazuu Me.N Ba.De Zakhm Kh...
- Ha.Ns Ke Bolaa Karo Bulaayaa Karo
- Jo Log Jaan Buujh Ke Naadaan Ban Gaye
- Aap Agar Ham Ko Mil Gaye Hote
- Maikadaa Thaa Chaa.Ndanii Thii Mai.N Na ...
- Suraj Kii Har Kiran Terii Suurat Pe Vaar...
- Subuu Ko Daur Me.N Laao Bahaar Ke Din Ha...
- Phuulo.N Kii Tahaniyo.N Pe Nasheman Bana...
- Apanii Zulfo.N Ko Sitaaro.N Ke Havaale K...
- Ab Do Aalam Se Sadaa-E-Saaz Aatii Hai Mu...
- Ai Maigusaaro.N Savere Savere
- Tere Dar Pe Vo Aa Hii Jaate Hai.N
- Shaam Huti Hain Dipa Jalta Hain
- Wo Baate.N Terii Vo Fasaane Tere
Comments about Abdul Hameed Adam
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)