Abdul Hameed Adam
Abdul Hameed Adam (Urdu: عبدالحمید عدم) (takhallus: Adam عدم) was a famous Urdu poet of his time. He was born on 10 April 1910 in Punjab, India (in the part of Punjab which is in Pakistan now). Most of the researchers think that he was born in Talwandi Musa Khan, District Gujranwala. However, in one of his own articles published in the "ghazal number" of the literary magazine Fanoon from Lahore, he writes that: since my father was living in Lyallpur (now Faisalabad) in April 1910, my arrival took place there (translation is KhamoshTamashais).
Early Life and Education
He first used the takhallus Akhtar (اختر), then switched to Adam. He was first educated at ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Aap Agar Ham Ko Mil Gaye Hote
- Subuu Ko Daur Me.N Laao Bahaar Ke Din Ha...
- Ab Do Aalam Se Sadaa-E-Saaz Aatii Hai Mu...
- Shaam Huti Hain Dipa Jalta Hain
- Phuulo.N Kii Aarazuu Me.N Ba.De Zakhm Kh...
- Ha.Ns Ke Bolaa Karo Bulaayaa Karo
- Apanii Zulfo.N Ko Sitaaro.N Ke Havaale K...
- Jo Log Jaan Buujh Ke Naadaan Ban Gaye
- Phuulo.N Kii Tahaniyo.N Pe Nasheman Bana...
- Tere Dar Pe Vo Aa Hii Jaate Hai.N
- Suraj Kii Har Kiran Terii Suurat Pe Vaar...
- Ai Maigusaaro.N Savere Savere
- Wo Baate.N Terii Vo Fasaane Tere
- Maikadaa Thaa Chaa.Ndanii Thii Mai.N Na ...
Comments about Abdul Hameed Adam
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)