Abubakar Abdulkadir Poems
- A Letter To Distance Dear Mr. Distance, I have a soul ...
- In Lagos, God Is Our Neighbour The compact city of bustling ...
- Weep Not Africa! I lent my heart to the finest breeze, Sat ...
- The Lady By The Stream1 By the stream in the meadow Sat a ...
- The Children Of Angwan Daji Our footprints are young ...
- Africa Where God spreads His mat and sit On fine stretch of ...
- Adaobi Dawn sprawls softly on your eyelashes Adaobi of ...
Abubakar Abdulkadir was born in Zungeru, niger state of Nigeria. he is a budding poet who rose admist the dirt that defaced his country to seek peace, justice and love for the nation through the rythm of pen.
In an era where majour showpieces are corruption, bombing etc he is still drew line between his creativity and the traumatizing reality of his nation. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Abubakar Abdulkadir
A Letter To Distance
Dear Mr. Distance,
I have a soul across your seas.
When she shall set out
After eons of sick meals
To taste the burger of my heart
Dished in black wares of homeland,
Do trim the nails of your roads
And shut the gasping mouth of your miles.
Do direct the songbirds plying your presence
With this slice of words to my soul;
That without her tapped soliloquy in my skull,
My night does dissolve behind distant knolls,
My lids fumble to hook sleep
And liberate me from screeching winds.
Dear comrade distance,
Whisper to her lighter than the...