Aeronius D. McCoy
Aeronius D. McCoy Poems
- A Flame Lasts A Short Time A flame lasts a short time A ...
- Stormy Coves In our stormy cove Nightwind howling waves ...
- Doves Of The Hand Swirl of light and dark Divided diaphanous...
- Nostalgia Walks How far Nostalgia walks, Her Bouquet held ...
- Look At Yourself (Incomplete) Don't need a mirror In a ...
- The Distances Pixel, pixel, shooting far Surmising ...
- Girl In Flowerprint Once I saw a girl Her smile swept ...
Lived most of my life in the Mid-Atlantic (PA and VA) . I enjoy a competitive game of chess. My favorite writers are Dostoevsky, David Foster Wallace, Kundera, Joyce, Carver, Atwood, and Julian Barnes, to name a few. Regarding film: Kubrick and Tarkovsky. Roy Andersson, Bunuel, P.T. Anderson, and Bergman too. From Fellini's 8 1/2 to Spike Lee joints to Jarmusch's vignettes.
It ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Flame Lasts A Short Time
A flame lasts a short time
A dream lasts portions of a night
Handheld devices last five years or so
With how the airwaves blow
Invisible in flight
Skywriting her name all across
Your mind's ocean billows and sweetly torments
Fades and flows in the wind, azure mirror
The moment of dream fizzle,
Realizing your pillow
Is not the girl
Only the mockingbird sings
For her bloom never withers
So you'll try any scheme
Any job to get down South
To ride a cloud, ride a jet,
Effervesce on gamma sunbeam
Or the starlit ...