Alan Bruce Thompson
Alan Bruce Thompson Poems
- Second Eternity An instant can be an eternity as I watch or ...
- Egod Nietsche did not kill God, and Nietsche is dead, Did ...
- Head Of Honey I like to fall asleep slowly, Let the ...
- Spoilt Child I can get what I want if I stamp my feet, If I...
- Valentine's First Letters V alentine was a martyr for the ...
- Missing Your Voice I hear your voice sometimes now, It's in...
- Autumn Means Winter It's the time of year when the sun begins...
This anthology of simple poems about daily life, I have called
' OUT OF MY MIND'
Alan Bruce Thompson lives in Zurich, Switzerland with Elisabeth Thompson Huerner. Alan trained as a geologist and has spent more than 40 years as a professor and researcher. He is a passionate traveler with interests in world culture, world art, and the development of society. He is now able to devote more time to his other interests including painting and drawing, and writing fiction.
Comments about his poetry on this website can be made to email@example.com,
some of his paintings can be seen at
https: //www.flickr.com/photos/125648283@N08/ more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Alan Bruce Thompson
Autumn Means Winter
It's the time of year when the sun begins to turn down,
The leaves start turning, they fall then they're blown.
Each day is shorter, each night a little long,
Quite soon at midnight we'll hear the midday bird song.
The evenings are cooler, the mornings quite chill,
It won't be long before the temperature's at nill.
I used to get depressed at autumnal time of year,
Not because I don't like the fall, but because winter is getting near.
But I have learnt a way from all my hibernating fear
Is to find a new job each autumn in the other hemisphere.