Alexander MacGregor Rose
Alexander MacGregor Rose Poems
- Tour Abroad Of Wilfrid The Gre... By Jean Baptiste Trudeau. ...
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier -- Diploma... I live on Canada en Bas --...
- Kaiser And Co. Or Hoch Der Kai... [Being Wilhelm der ...
- L'Envoy I t'ink for dis Canadian lan' For mak' it ...
- Diplomatist I live on Canada en Bas — De fines' ...
Alexander Macgregor Rose was born August 17, 1846, in Tomantoul, Banffshire. He graduated from the University of Aberdeen in 1867 and became, in 1870, Master of the Free Church School in Gairloch, Rossshire. After returning to Aberdeen to study Divinity from 1871, he was ordained on Sept. 9, 1875, and became minister at the Free Church of Evie and Rendall, Orkney. Bankrupt, and in disgrace, Rose ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Alexander MacGregor Rose
Tour Abroad Of Wilfrid The Great
By Jean Baptiste Trudeau.
W'en Queen Victoria calls her peup's
For mak' some Jubilee,
She sen' for men from all de worl' --
And from her colonie.
But mos' of all, she sen' dis word
To dis Canadian shore,
"If Wilfrid Laurier do not come,
I will be glad no more."
Den Wilfrid not hard-hearted, he
Lif' w'at you call de hat,
An' say, "Ma reine, you mus' not fret,
For little t'ing lak' dat.
"To Londres, on de day in June
You mention, I will come,
And show you w'at is lak' de French-
So Wildred sailed ...