Alok Mishra Poems
- Promise To Myself (Poem) When I breathe my pains ...
- The Old Tree The old tree, once I saw Many years ago. Now ...
- The Truth! (Translation Of My ...
- A Sonnet To Love Love thee ... Not the flesh That'll be ...
- My Religion - Humanism I, being a human first Love humanity ...
- Raksha Bandhan- A Promise To tell the world, of love Care, ...
- Look At The Moon [love Poem] Look at the Moon Wondered my ...
Alok Mishra,23, is a student of MA in English Literature at Nalanda College Biharsharif. He, besides his studies, writes poetry and stories. With the growing age and curiosity, Alok has been leaning towards Philosophy and Spirituality. He is a voracious reader of Gita and Bible. Alok has modeled his poetry after Arnold and Eliot. He has one publication to his credit- 'Being in Love... (Bliss or curse) '
Alok writes about truth, the ultimate truth, soul, philosophy, spirituality, the modern age, and many other themes that are all times relevant.
A motivational speaker, an orator of all occasions. Alok has adopted the idea to motivate ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Promise To Myself (Poem)
When I breathe my pains and
Console my weary heart
With a fake word of consolation
Do I betray myself?
Or my soul, to you
I provide a help?
I wonder within my glooming thought
With my very self
Many times I fought!
Is it like the old quote?
Paid high and sorrows I bought!
Tell me O lord
Which sorrow I did not afford?
Still you test me, my toleration
Like you did with dear Job!
But what you saw
Did you find any flaw?
Like the real man
I will be going, fighting, and winning
You will see your glimpse