Ameer Minai (1826 - 13 October 1900 / Lucknow / Mughal India)
Ameer Ahmed, Ameer Minai (Urdu: امیر مینا ئی ), an Urdu poet of eminence. A popular poet both with the people and the aristocracy, he was held in high esteem by his contemporary poets like Ghalib and Daagh Dehalvi.
Amir Meenai's famous gazal has been sung in a film starred by Rishi Kapoor and Tina Munim. The gazal is 'sarakati jayey hai rukh se nakab ahista, ahista...
Maratul Ghaib is the first collection of poetry by the poet. Meenai Sukhun is another Diwan (collection of poetry) by poet. Another famous gazal of poet is " Haalaat Maikade Ke Karwat Badal Rahe Hain "
Born in 1829 in Lucknow into a family of religious ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Achchhe Iisaa Ho Mariizo.N Kaa Khayaal A...
- Bandaa Navaaziyo.N Pe Khudaa-E-Kariim Th...
- Ha.Ns Ke Faramaate Hai.N Vo Dekh Kar Haa...
- Ishq Me.N Jaa.N Se Guzarate Hai.N Guzara...
- Jab se bul-bul tuu ne do tinake liye
- Jhonkaa Idhar Na Aaye Nasiim-E-Bahaar Ka...
- Kah Rahii Hai Hashr Me.N Vo Aa.Nkh Sharm...
- Sarakatii Jaaye Hai Rukh Se Naqaab Aahis...
- Tund Mai Aur Aise Kam_Sin Ke Liye
- Us Kii Hasarat Hai Jise Dil Se Mitaa Bhi...
Comments about Ameer Minai
HIV Vaccine Awareness Day
observed annually on May 18
International Museum Day
memory + creativity = social change
Happy Birthday Omar Khayyam!
(1048-1131) Persian mathematician, poet, and philosopher
Happy Birthday Friedrich Rückert!
(1788-1866) German poet, translator, and professor of Oriental languages.