ANDREW BLAKEMORE Poems
- All Through The Barren Winter All through the barren ...
- I Wrote Her Name Upon The Sand I walked along the shoreline ...
- Wind Chime As sun rose in the early dawn And skies were lit ...
- A Part Of Me Died With You I still remember heartache ...
- A Child Upon The Doorstep Weep... A child upon the doorstep ...
- Camelia The sweet scented flowers of pink are now ...
- A Country Boy At Heart I want to climb the hillsides And to ...
Andrew Blakemore BA (Hons) was born in 1966. The youngest of three sons, Andrew always had a passion for art and music. He began to write songs and verse. Andrew graduated in Music in the year 1999, having studied with the Open University. In the year 2001 he turned his hand to writing poetry. Some of which were published in his local church newsletter and were well received. This encouraged Andrew to keep writing. Andrew has now written well over 1000 poems. In 2007, he published 'The Wonder is You' a complete anthology of his poems. This book features all of his completed works up until the end of the year 2006. It contains 440 poems in total. In the year 2007 Andrew was made a featured ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
All Through The Barren Winter
All through the barren winter
I have waited for this day,
To see the signs of springtime
With its colours on display,
For all the purple crocuses
And snowdrops now in bloom,
Have brought a joy into my heart
And lifted winter's gloom.
To see the golden daffodils
Now bursting into flower,
And blossoms catch the morning breeze
Upon the cherry bower,
The meadows filled with daisies
And the hawthorn draped in white,
As through the skies the swallows soar
So beautiful their sight.
The days are growing longer now
The air is warmer too,...