ANDREW BLAKEMORE Poems
- A Country Boy At Heart I want to climb the hillsides And to ...
- I Wrote Her Name Upon The Sand I walked along the shoreline ...
- A Child Upon The Doorstep Weep... A child upon the doorstep ...
- All Through The Barren Winter All through the barren ...
- A Part Of Me Died With You I still remember heartache ...
- Wind Chime As sun rose in the early dawn And skies were lit ...
- Camelia The sweet scented flowers of pink are now ...
Andrew Blakemore BA (Hons) was born in 1966. The youngest of three sons, Andrew always had a passion for art and music. He began to write songs and verse. Andrew graduated in Music in the year 1999, having studied with the Open University. In the year 2001 he turned his hand to writing poetry. Some of which were published in his local church newsletter and were well received. This encouraged Andrew to keep writing. Andrew has now written well over 1000 poems. In 2007, he published 'The Wonder is You' a complete anthology of his poems. This book features all of his completed works up until the end of the year 2006. It contains 440 poems in total. In the year 2007 Andrew was made a featured ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Country Boy At Heart
I want to climb the hillsides
And to see each wondrous view,
And find the peace I long for there
It's all I wish to do,
I want to walk down winding lanes
And to see the lands of green,
And to smell the pretty flowers there
And breathe the air so clean.
I just want to change my world
I need a brand new start,
And leave the strife of city life
A country boy at heart.
I want to cross the meadows
And to see the woodlands grow,
I want to find serenity
Wherever I do go,
I long to see the rivers
And the gently flowing streams,