Arvind Krishna Mehrotra
Arvind Krishna Mehrotra Poems
- Two Lakes Lakes do not happen Only in geography. I know one...
- Where Will The Next One Come F... The next one will come from...
- Continuities This is about the green miraculous trees, And ...
- Inscription Last night a line appeared,Unbidden, ...
- To An Unborn Daughter If writing a poem could bring you Into...
- On The Death Of A Sunday Paint... He smoked a cherry-wood ...
- Mirza Ghalib In Old Age His eyesight failed him, But in his ...
Arvind Krishna Mehrotra is a noted Indian English poet, anthologist, literary critic and translator. He is well known for incorporating a post-modernist style in modern English poetry.
Arvind Krishna Mehrotra a popular name in modern English poetry was born the year 1947 in Lahore. He has published four volumes of poetry. Mehrotra had completed his education from Oxford University. Presently the poet has been nominated for the chair of Professor of Poetry at the University of Oxford in 2009. It is the style of Mehrotra to continually revise a small body of work, polishing, crafting, and aiming at elegance, wit precision and an impersonality which will fix ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Arvind Krishna Mehrotra
Lakes do not happen
Only in geography.
I know one with a Japanese garden
And a limited zoo; it is surrounded
By a red road and is completely
Artificial. Among its reflections
Are isolated trucks, fragrant locomotives, and a giant
The second lake lies
At the foot of a hill and is clean
To the point of invisibility. On one side
Is the club where dead Englishmen sit
Down on tigers and play bridge; little
Balls of air drift through their moustached faces.
In the billiard-room the table is still
Intact, while the stained ...