Asit Kumar Sanyal
Asit Kumar Sanyal Poems
- The First Night After Marriage It was the extreme dark as ...
- Childhood Love I moved ahead about four decades From my ...
- The Dead Language Sanskrit is called ‘a dead language’ But ...
- Teacher’s Day Teacher’s day is like an occasion and ...
- Hyjacking Of Expertise An engineer fell into the Hoogly ...
- Nature's Law A male from fifteen to eighty is a man And ...
- Standard In rural India, people say.... Guess the standard ...
I am from India. My poems are based on Indian culture, system and customs. I am not a poet but writing poem is my hobby and whenever I get free time in my busy life, I try to utilize it. I am a bilingual writer and write in English and Bengali with my limited knowledge but in a different style. In my student life, I was interested for writing essays and short stories and no poems. Now I write only... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''People say mothers are impartial to her children. I don't believe. Some mothers may be, but not all. My mother is partial. I have experienced it.''Personal experience.
''If you are a meat eater, you can't be an animal lover. It's very simple.''Personal experience
Comments about Asit Kumar Sanyal
The First Night After Marriage
It was the extreme dark as no-moon night
Continuously drizzling from long hours
Load shading was active on its routine job
The jackals were howling in bamboo clusters.
Her soft voice was whispering in my ear
Her long black hair covered me to sway
I was melting like an iceberg in South Pole
Suddenly the rain started … I drifted away.
I discovered myself in the indistinct dawn
When the people were moving for natural call
The rain had loosened its grip but she did not
It was my ancestral house in west Bengal.