Asit Kumar Sanyal
Asit Kumar Sanyal Poems
- The First Night After Marriage It was the extreme dark as ...
- Childhood Love I moved ahead about four decades From my ...
- Hostel Life The home is sweet, Hostel is sweeter The life ...
- The Dead Language Sanskrit is called ‘a dead language' But ...
- Teacher’s Day Teacher’s day is like an occasion and ...
- Nature's Law A male from fifteen to eighty Is called a ...
- Standard In rural India, people say.... Guess the standard...
I am from India. So, my poems are based on Indian culture, system customs and rituals. I am not a poet but writing poem is my hobby and whenever I get free time in my busy life, I try to utilize it by writing poem. I am a bilingual writer. I write in English and Bengali with my technical knowledge and in different style. I try to give a message to the society through my poems. In my student life, I was interested for writing essays and short stories but no poems. Now I write only poems... no essays and stories. My wife also writes poem but in mother tongue that is Bengali.
I am from West Bengal, India. I was born and brought-up in rural Bengal. I am a central govt. servant and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''People say mothers are impartial to her children. I don't believe. Some mothers may be, but not all. My mother is partial. I have experienced it.''Personal experience.
''If you are a meat eater, you can't be an animal lover. It's very simple.''Personal experience
Comments about Asit Kumar Sanyal
The First Night After Marriage
It was the extreme dark as no-moon night
Continuously drizzling from long hours
Load shading was active on its routine job
The jackals were howling in bamboo clusters.
Her soft voice was whispering in my ear
Her long black hair covered me to sway
I was melting like an iceberg in South Pole
Suddenly the rain started … I drifted away.
I discovered myself in the indistinct dawn
When the people were moving for natural call
The rain had loosened its grip but she did not
It was my ancestral house in west Bengal.