Barb Nixon Poems
- Ashes Light extinguished, glimmer defeated, spread across ...
- Magician Of My Yesterday Magician Of My Yesterday I have ...
- The Shift There's an undercurrent of change sweeping city and...
- Autumn The colour orange has become the new black graces ...
- Ode To Amethyst Amethyst, Oh purple blaze like a garden of...
- Hello Stranger Over thirty years we've been acquainted it ...
- By The Brook On a dew kissed rock a man sat and listened to ...
Hi, everyone! ! Just a little information about myself. From childhood I have always loved literature, especially poetry; my taste is quite eclectic ranging from the old classics to modern day poets. I decided to start writing a few years ago and found it a wonderful medium for recording my thoughts, emotions, and life experiences. In some ways it became a form a therapy, thoughts and emotions ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Barb Nixon
Light extinguished, glimmer defeated,
spread across my heart, a sacred scar
the oxygen of time a cliched healer,
locked in a cage my joy hath retreated.
Ashes of you in every word that I mutter,
shadows of you held captive in my mind
memories of oneness, complete sublimeness
butterfly in Spring, glistening wings all aflutter.
Butterfly has flown, my heart cannot reason,
darkness surrounds my veil of tears,
hoping in vain, void of logic or sensibility
the flutterer will return another season.