Bruce Bond Poems
- The Delta If you are going there by foot, prepare to get ...
- Empire Of Light It's the lantern that we look to most, there...
- My Death Space Dot Com Now that obituaries come online with ...
- Will To the locusts that blur the lyres of their shells, I ...
- Scar What is it you forget in your vigil, cell after cell ...
- Tuning Fork Lynchpin of the singing wheel, you ...
- Sand So many grains, so many little tombs of dust. It keeps ...
Bruce Bond (born 25 June 1954) is an American poet and creative writing educator at the University of North Texas.
Bond earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Pomona College, a Master of Arts degree in English from Claremont Graduate School, and a Masters in Music Performance degree from the Lamont School of Music of the University of Denver. He then worked several years as a ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Bruce Bond
If you are going there by foot, prepare
to get wet. You are not you anymore.
You are a girl standing in a pool
of clouds as they catch fire in the distance.
There are laws of heaven and those of place
and those who see the sky in the water,
angels in ashes that are the delta's now.
They say if you sweep the trash from your house
after dark, you sweep away your luck.
If you are going by foot, bring a stick,
a third leg, and honor the great disorder,
the great broom of waterfowl and songbirds.
Prepare to voodoo your way, best you can,