Claude H Oliver II
Claude H Oliver II Poems
- Paradox When life gives us our first breath Standing by is ...
- Home If home is not here Where is it If death brings us ...
- As A Man Thinks As a man thinks So he is His thoughts ...
- Nature All that is – is nature The nature of nature Is ...
- Amoebas Two from one Is how they come ...
- Mothers And Sons When a son comes to earth He is suckled by ...
- 9/11/2001 - The Excuse Complete obliteration Was this ...
Born in NYC, USA. Grew up in states of Pennsylvania, Maine, Alabama and
New York. Attended and graduated from City College of New York. I
worked for New York State for over 30 years as a supervisor, case mana-
ger and insurance underwriter. Married for 16 years and now widowed.
No children and currently in a wonderful relationship which has blossomed into a marriage of love... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Claude H Oliver II
When life gives us our first breath
Standing by is our own death
When we breathe our first sigh
We know not our destiny is to die
Life cannot be without death - you see
Life invigorates us to our core
Death extinguishes life to be sure
Yet we cannot have life fully
'Til we know death
Death and life are old inseparable friends
Wherever life is in the house
Death is near the window or door
The unity of breath and death is this
For life to live some must die
Death allows life to survive
How we address this interplay
Is the story of each life each ...