Cristone Benavente Poems
- A Song For Maya Maya I hear the caged birds sing Now, one on...
- Clouds Even clouds, lofty, pure and divine, darken and ...
- Wide Awake these nights have been so selfish to me, so ...
- Chidish You say I'm childish- when i told you I got hurt ...
- Last Spring I took this photo when our love was still in ...
- Until I Am Found A Poet until I am found a poet... until I ...
- The Eastern Dragon From dust to steel and concrete cities ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Cristone Benavente
A Song For Maya
Maya I hear the caged birds sing
Now, one on my window sill
And one in me, composing, singing,
pouring his tears on this song.
Poetry has lost another of its author!
And its whole world shall pause
to say sweet prayers and our
bland good-byes, bitter sorrows.
I see you spread your wings
Of radiance, of light, of hope
Gently floating up the ceiling
I’ve never seen before
Your verses, your thoughts,
Your dreams for the world
Are like these holy feathers
Pulled by gravity towards the earth
Resting in every ...