Cristone Benavente Poems
- A Song For Maya Maya I hear the caged birds sing Now, one on...
- Wide Awake these nights have been so selfish to me, so ...
- Until I Am Found A Poet until I am found a poet... until I ...
- The Eastern Dragon From dust to steel and concrete cities ...
- I Quit The Job I quit the job. No regrets felt and nothing ...
- Thoughts Under The Sequoia Tre... it doesn't matter how many of...
- The Sky Yonder lies the firmament azure and light with ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Cristone Benavente
A Song For Maya
Maya I hear the caged birds sing
Now, one on my window sill
And one in me, composing, singing,
pouring his tears on this song.
Poetry has lost another of its author!
And its whole world shall pause
to say sweet prayers and our
bland good-byes, bitter sorrows.
I see you spread your wings
Of radiance, of light, of hope
Gently floating up the ceiling
I’ve never seen before
Your verses, your thoughts,
Your dreams for the world
Are like these holy feathers
Pulled by gravity towards the earth
Resting in every ...