Cristone Benavente Poems
- A Song For Maya Maya I hear the caged birds sing Now, one on...
- First Thought First thought of you in the morning used to ...
- I Am Missing You When the sky darkens and clouds shroud ...
- Clouds Even clouds, lofty, pure and divine, darken and ...
- Of Verses And Of Ink Of verses and of ink, Pours and fills ...
- Wide Awake these nights have been so selfish to me, so ...
- No Eulogy Yonder lies a man, a brother, a friend, a father, a...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Cristone Benavente
A Song For Maya
Maya I hear the caged birds sing
Now, one on my window sill
And one in me, composing, singing,
pouring his tears on this song.
Poetry has lost another of its author!
And its whole world shall pause
to say sweet prayers and our
bland good-byes, bitter sorrows.
I see you spread your wings
Of radiance, of light, of hope
Gently floating up the ceiling
I’ve never seen before
Your verses, your thoughts,
Your dreams for the world
Are like these holy feathers
Pulled by gravity towards the earth
Resting in every ...