Dawn Ferrett Poems
- Angels Are Rare When someone touches your heart and soul, ...
- A Love Poem? ? ? ? I've never known the love the poets write ...
- Flight Of Fancy Our sofa was a spaceship. We soared between ...
- A Glutton's Lament Why did I have that last slice of ...
- I Remember... A street in the city where we used to ...
- Bottled Joy The sounds of children laughing, The fresh ...
- A Merry Dance I never once suspected On the day we said 'I ...
First of all I'd like to say, straight off, that I'm no great wit. Nor am I more than moderately intelligent. Just because I can throw a few words and phrases together and make them rhyme does not make me a poet. In fact I prefer the term 'rhymester'. Honestly, anyone with half a brain can do it. All it really takes is an average vocabulary and a keen sense of rhythm.
When I was - well,... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Angels Are Rare
When someone touches your heart and soul,
Shines through the dark like a star,
Brings out the very best in you,
Becomes part of who you are.
You know you've been blessed a thousandfold
And this debt you can never repay.
For Angels are rare and Saints are few
And Miracles aren't seen every day.
Sadly you were only mortal, my friend,
But you'll always be special to me.
I need you to know that you're sorely missed!
You'll live on in my memory.