Dawn Ferrett Poems
- Ode To Friday So many days throughout the year Are cause for...
- Ode To A Lightbulb I dedicate these lines to you. There ...
- Raise A Glass At Christmas! Here's a special toast to my ...
- Highways And Byways Of My Mind As I wander through the ...
- A Merry Dance I never once suspected On the day we said 'I ...
- The Fairy On The Christmas Tre... The fairy on the Christmas ...
- The Christmas List Here's Santa in his workshop. He's ...
First of all I'd like to say, straight off, that I'm no great wit. Nor am I more than moderately intelligent. Just because I can throw a few words and phrases together and make them rhyme does not make me a poet. In fact I prefer the term 'rhymester'. Honestly, anyone with half a brain can do it. All it really takes is an average vocabulary and a keen sense of rhythm.
When I was - well,... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Ode To Friday
So many days throughout the year
Are cause for celebration.
Birthdays, Christmas, wedding days,
Anniversaries, a coronation.
They make life much more bearable.
Give us respite and great joy.
A chance to kick up our heels and rejoice,
Every girl and every boy.
But there's one day that gets overlooked.
A day that's quite unique.
That day is Friday! What a blessing it is,
That there's one at the end of each week!