Delmar Koehn Poems
- A Cold Regret Twas a cold clear night And the stars shone ...
- The Quest And The Answer Like the swelling wave, like the ...
- September Oh September! With your blue skies, With happy, ...
- Time, In Grampa's Rocking Chai... The old man sits in his ...
- The Day Farmer He paused a bit to take a breath. The days ...
- First Frost
- Let's Talk When cold and bitter North winds blow And clouds ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Delmar Koehn
A Cold Regret
Twas a cold clear night
And the stars shone bright
As the shadows lurked
Round the snow-drifts white
Icy pinnacles mirroring
The soft moonlight
All is still, but lo!
A great horned owl is on the prowl
In eerie totally silent flight
His eyes seeking out the paths in the snow
Where the field mice squeak and hurriedly go.
Deep, deep in the forest
Is a little wood hut
With a glowing hearth
And a man of Earth
With his head in his hands
And his eyes half shut.
All alone is he, and his heart is sad
When he thinks of what he ...