Denys E. W. Jones
Denys E. W. Jones Poems
- The Worst Poem Ever Written The worst poem ever ...
- Milestones Our progress through life is marked off by ...
- Cut Your Carbon Footprint! Climate change has hit the ...
- The Language Of Love The Language of Love is not taught in ...
- Burberry Goes To China In Wales there is a valley, Which ...
- They Say All Men Are Brothers They say all men are ...
- Against The Grain I have gone with the flow, I have swum ...
I was born in 1962 in England.Since 1984 I have lived in Genoa, Italy, where I work as an English teacher. Poems by me about Football (Soccer) can be read on www.footballpoets.org. Poems by me against the Iraq war can be read on www.poetsagainstwar.net more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Denys E. W. Jones
The Worst Poem Ever Written
The worst poem ever written.
Well, what did you expect?
Strikes no chords, hits no buttons,
Just leaves you all perplexed.
Speaks not of Life, Death, Hope or Hate,
Or hearts by Love’s darts smitten.
You surely will not like its shape,
Its form, its structure, rhythm.
Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter
Get only a brief mention.
Where is the focus, centre?
What captures our attention?
No similes, no imagery,
No metaphors, no meat.
No juicy, tasty turns of phrase
In which to sink one’s teeth.
A dud, a flop, complete dead ...