Edward Henry Bickersteth (1825-1906 / England)
Edward Henry Bickersteth, January 25, 1825, Islington - May 16, 1906 was a bishop in the Church of England.
Edward Henry Bickersteth was the son of Edward Bickersteth, Rector of Watton, Hertfordshire. He was educated at Trinity College, Cambridge, where he graduated B.A. in 1847, and was awarded the Chancellor's Gold Medal for poetry in 1844, 1845 and 1846.
On taking Holy ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- A Lament for Persia
- A Mother to Her Son on His Birthday
- Addressed to a Friend, Accompanied by a ...
- Aspasia to Pericles
- Bright and Beautiful Sea
- Cease to Weep
- Cleopatra to Marc Anthony
- Description of a Thunder Storm
- Elegiac Stanzas on a Departed Parent
- Farewell to Guernsey
- Farewell to the Year Which is Past
- His Name. From the French of Victor Hug...
Comments about Edward Henry Bickersteth
Beautiful Paintings On Books
by Ekaterina Panikanova
You Too Can Learn to Write Surrealist Poetry
Spudnik Press is offering a workshop in surrealist poetry
Distasteful Fashion Shoot Featuring Author Suicides is Pulled
The spread is called 'Last Words.'
Autistic Pride Day