Ehsan Danish (1914 - 22 March 1978 / Kandhla / India)
Ehsan Danish (Urdu: احسان دانش), born Ehsan-ul-Haq (Urdu: احسان اُلحق), was a prominent Urdu poet from the Indian subcontinent. At the beginning of his career his poetry was very romantic but later he wrote his poems more for the labourers and came to be called "Mazdoor Shair" (The poet of labourer) by his audience. His poetry inspired the common peoples feelings and he has been compared with Josh Malihabadi, and he holds unique position as one of the best poets of all times, with fine, romantic and revolutionary, but simple style of poetry.
He was born on 1914 and died on 22 March 1982.
Ehsan Danish was born in Kandhla, a small town in the... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Ab haq meiN bahaaroN ke sabaa hai ke nah...
- Kabhi Mujh Ko Sath Lekar Kabhi Mere Sath...
- Nazar Fareb-e-Kaza Kha Gai To Kya Hoga
- Purasish-e-Ghum Ka Shukriya Kya Tujhe Ag...
- Sirf Ashq-o-Tabassum Main Uljhe Rahe
- Yun Na mil Mujh Se Khafa Ho Jaise