Fayyaz Hashmi (1920 - 2011 / Calcutta / British India)
Fayyaz Hashmi, the great poet and lyricist of the Indian-Pakistani cinema and entertainment industry.
Fayyaz Hashmi is a legendary song and dialogue writer and above all a true loving person. He is by himself an institution and a common asset of the Indo-Pakistan film-world. His admirers as ever are not confined in national frontiers. Those fond of Hindi / Urdu songs anywhere in the world have affection for him. The emergence of this bright star was evidenced much before independence of India, when Fayyaz Hashmi, still a teenager wrote the most famous song “Tasveer Teri Dil Mera Behla Na Sakhe Gi”. It was recorded in the voice of Talat Mehmood and music was composed by Kamal Das ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Don't insist on leaving today
- Hamein Koii Gam Nahiin Thaa Gam-E-Aashiq...
- Kali Kisi Ki Mohabbat Ki Muskuraati Hai
- Kam Nahi Merii Zindagii Ke Liye
- Na Tum Mere Na Dil Meraa
- O Dekhane Waalo Ek Nazar Dekho
- Takraa Hii Gaii Merii Nazar Un Kii Nazar...
- Tasviir Terii Dil Meraa Bahalaa Na Sakeg...
- Zindagi Hai Yaa Kisi Kaa Intazaar
Comments about Fayyaz Hashmi
Your Favorite Poets’ Favorite Books of Poetry
Daily Rituals of Famous Authors
Writers seem to be the most prone to unshakeable routines and elaborate superstitions.
Incredible Reading Rooms Around the World
Cozy, beautiful places to curl up with a good book...
Happy Birthday Honoré de Balzac!
(1799 - 1850) French novelist and playwright