Garrett Westcott Poems
- Jesus Was A Carpenter Before He was a Preacher Before He was...
- A Refugee Christmas No turkey dinner for Christmas ...
- Kurt (Cobain) A poet of the troubled soul A life on who the ...
- Christmastime, Christmastime Christmastime, ...
- Jesus, Jesus Your Life Shine O... The women trembled at the ...
- Joseph Joseph became a carpenter And a righteous man as ...
- Bethlehem A tiny little village Not too far from ...
Hello, my name is Garrett Westcott. I was born into a white middle-class family. My dad worked two jobs in order to send me and my siblings to private Christian schools.
All my childhood I had gone to church, Sunday school, and had religion classes in school. However, it was not until I took a confirmation class after school in the eighth grade to become a member of my parents church... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Garrett Westcott
Jesus Was A Carpenter
Before He was a Preacher
Before He was a Savior
Before He died upon the cross
Jesus was a carpenter
Jesus was a worker
Jesus was just like one of us
He had a trade
That He worked day to day
And He tried to do His best
When He worked He was diligent
And when He was done
It was time to rest
The hands of a carpenter
Are not an idle tool
They are stronger than oaken wood
And Jesus used them as He should
For Jesus was no fool
Let us learn from the Master
And be as serious as a thorn
Stuck in the brow
Of a bleeding hero
To remind us of ...