General George S Patton Jnr
General George S Patton Jnr Poems
- Through A Glass Darkly, Perhaps I stabbed our Savior In His ...
- Absolute War Now in war we are confronted with conditions ...
- Fear I am that dreadful, blighting thing, Like rat holes ...
- God Of Battles From pride and foolish confidence, From every...
- To Our First Dead They died for France like countless ...
- A Soldier's Prayer God of our Father, who by land and sea has...
- Valor When all hearts are opened, And all the secrets ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about General George S Patton Jnr
Through A Glass Darkly,
Perhaps I stabbed our Savior
In His sacred helpless side.
Yet I've called His name in blessing
When in after times I died.
Through the travail of the ages
Midst the pomp and toil of war
Have I fought and strove and perished
Countless times upon this star.
I have sinned and I have suffered
Played the hero and the knave
Fought for belly, shame or country
And for each have found a grave.
So as through a glass and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names - but always me.
So forever in the ...