Harryette Mullen Poems
- Shedding Skin Pulling out of the old scarred skin (old rough...
- All She Wrote Forgive me, I’m no good at this. I can’t write ...
- Page 34 / If Your Complexion I... if your complexion is ...
- Page 35 / The Essence Lady the essence lady wears her ...
- Page 5 / Sun Goes On Shining sun goes on shining while the ...
- Page 39 / Arrives Early For Th... arrives early for the ...
- Page 1 / Sapphire's Lyre Style... Sapphire's lyre ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Harryette Mullen
Pulling out of the old scarred skin
(old rough thing I don't need now
I strip off
slip out of
I slough off deadscales
flick skinflakes to the ground
peeling layers down
to vulnerable stuff
And I'm blinking off old eyelids
for a new way of seeing
By the rock I rub against
I'm going to be tender again