Iftikhar Arif (21 March 1943 / Lucknow / British India)
Iftikhar Hussain Arif (Urdu: افتخار حسین عارف) commonly known as Iftikhar Arif (افتخار عارف) is an Urdu poet, scholar and littérateur from Pakistan. His style is romantic Urdu poetry. He has headed Academy Adbiyat, the Pakistan Academy of Letters and currently, he is the Chairman of Muqtadra Quami Zaban, the National Language Authority. He has been decorated with Hilal-e-Imtiaz, Sitara-e-Imtiaz and Presidential Pride of Performance, highest literary awards by Government of Pakistan.
Early Days and Education
Iftikhar Arif was born in Lucknow in 1943 and lived there till his migration to Pakistan in 1965. During this period he received his education at the ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Dayar-E-Nur Main Tera Shabon Ka Sathi Ho
- Khwab Ki Tarah Bikhar Jane Ko Ji Chahta ...
- Mere Khuda mujhe itna to motabar kar de
- Thakan To Agle Safar K Liye Bahana Tha
- Written In The Season Of Fear
- Ye ab khula hai k koi bhi manzar mera na...
- Zara si der ko aye the khwab ankhon main